Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Reuse: Food Storage

T has been making a lot of sandwiches for lunch. When we go shopping in the evening, it's long after deli counters are closed, so it's a quick jaunt to Target for pre-packaged cold cuts. They look like this, and it's a bit more packaging than a thin plastic bag from the deli:
















Here's the cool thing though. These packages, once you remove the sticker, are nearly identical to Gladware. I eat a fair amount of leftovers for lunch, so this makes for a great cycle: every few sandwiches T eats, I get another lunch container.

Not much of a difference:

















I get to feel good about getting several mores uses out of these before recycling them, and it's been about 2 years since I've bought any food containers. I use any extras for holding small art supplies or mixing paint.

Savings? About $1 per container.

No comments:

Post a Comment