Thursday, November 10, 2016

Stanky Straws

I'm trying to get better about using my own cups, mugs, and tumblers for coffee and water. I'm still not at 100%, but at least my first coffee of the day is brought from home.

We brew a pot of coffee each day at home, and the leftovers go into the fridge so I can have iced coffee. I know, I'm one of those crazy people who drinks iced year round. :)

Well, here's a new dilemma. The tumblers are easily cleaned, some can even go into the dishwasher, but the straws never get clean, whether in the dishwasher or by soaking.

I noticed my iced coffee was starting to get an off taste and was wondering how many colonies of yuck were growing inside. Amazon, here we come! I found this Drinking Straw Brush Set from Amazon, although I'm sure you can find similar products many places.


This set comes with two different sizes: the thinner are ideal for coffee straws, and the thicker are designed for the heavier smoothie straws. I just brought my set home tonight, cleaned my entire collection of straws, and was impressed at how effective they were.

Cost: $4.99 / set of 8
No more stanky straw? Priceless

No comments:

Post a Comment