Friday, November 25, 2016

Reuse: Ipsy Packaging

I LOVE my subscription clubs. I've finally cut back so I'm just getting beauty products (Ipsy) once a month and clothing (StitchFix) every two months. But I've also enjoyed snacks (Love With Food), and dog toys and treats (Bark Box), and T has enjoyed monthly bacon (Bacon Freak). It seems you can get almost anything by subscription, and it's so fun to get a surprise in the mail.

What I don't love is tons of packaging. So let's talk Ipsy: Ipsy comes with 3 layers of packaging. There's the outer bubble mailer. Then each month comes with a little makeup bag. And then all the products are travel size, meaning lots of plastic to product ratio.

The product packaging itself, I've gotten over. This is a great way to try new products without risking hating and wasting an entire full size bottle. And frequently, I use these for weekends away, so I'm not buying travel sizes.

On to the bubble mailers: These are always festive fuschia. :) You can, of course, slap a new label and row of tape on them, and use them for mailing a package. I'm liking them for storing fragile items around the house, like glass Christmas ornaments.


Simply pack one or two ornaments per envelope, and stack them in a tote or box. Voila! Tons of padding protecting those easy-to-break keepsakes.

  

Now, for the makeup bags. I don't know about you, but I don't need a new makeup bag each month. I keep a few up my favorites for makeup for my purse or travel toiletries, and then the rest get re-purposed. A few ideas: 

An activity kit for your kids. These are perfect size for some art supplies or a few toy trucks.


An organizer for your chargers. Keep those electronic accessories in one place and tangle-free. 


A discreet case for monthly supplies. At the end of the year, I take the bags I won't use, fill them with hygiene products and bring them to the local Tent City.


A place to stash all your coupons and gift cards. 





Or, use them as cute packaging for gift cards or small gifts this holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment