Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Kill Two Birds with One Swedish Dishcloth

It's rare I go to the office these days, but I go in the other day to meet up with some folks. I step into the elevator and there's a poster advertising a holiday market. Yay! Now I have something fun to check out over lunch. :) 

I grab a couple co-workers and we check out the booths. Some have gorgeous handmade ceramics (my coworker B got a lovely mug to go with her new teapot). Some have lovely handmade soaps or candles. Another booth had reusable glass straws, and my coworker R got one of those...

I come across a booth that had a variety of awesome eco-friendly housewares, from washable bowl covers to adorable wool dryer balls that looked like owls. Scanning the booth, my eye lands on these items with a cute patterns labeled "Wishcloth". The booth attendee explains: "They're greeting cards. But also Swedish Dishcloths."

You may be familiar with other types of eco-friendly greeting cards, such as those made with seeded paper, so you can plant the card when you're done and it becomes wildflowers. But this concept was totally new to me and so unique. 

If you're not familiar with Swedish dishcloths, they are a super soft, spongy, durable cellulose towel, that can replace your sponges and paper towels. Per Brightly, "With just one of these, you get the same use you would out of 17 rolls of paper towels." And when you are done with them, because they are made of natural fibers, they can be composted. So not only is this card a card, but it's also a great little kitchen gift.

Look at the cute prints they come in, such as holiday llama: 

Or "You Make the World a Better Place" (awwww):


They are slightly bigger than other Swedish dishcloths, because they are folded, so you can write your message on the inside. 

At $7.99 each, these unique cards are about the average price I'm seeing for standard greeting cards these days, or you can get a substantial discount with a 3-pack or 6-pack. Brightly also sells many other products on their website, as well as offering getting started guides, tips and tricks, and other advice, so please browse around!


 


No comments:

Post a Comment