Thursday, September 1, 2022

Tigers and Panthers, and Totally Second-Hand

Today was a good day for my wardrobe. I scored two pieces I was excited about this previous winter, but which were summery, and I finally got around to wearing them. First off, this black shrug from JM Collection (a Macy's house brand). It was new with tags at thredUP, but saved me 72%. It's lacy design means I can pair it with jeans and a tank like I did today, or even dress it up.


Next, a tiger patterned tank top. I maaaay have been slightly obsessed with and inspired by this Tigers and Toucans tracksuit from Brooklyn 99 (copyright of NBC). 

When I saw this episode, I was immediately drawn to the bold animal print, but alas, tracksuits are not my style. Instead, I went for this Old Navy tank.A bit more subdued, but I still get my tigers and palm fronds.

The tank was $15.99 (vs $27 new, 41% off). A cool feature is the convertible neckline. There is a simple hook and eye clasp, which when hooked, gives a more buttoned-up look with subtle keyhole. When unhooked, you get a great notched neckline, a little more flirty and casual.

I paired the sweater and tank with jeans, and of course, Rothy's flats for a casual, summer look. And the whole outfit was achieved as a #recycledootd. Both the shrug and tank were secondhand from thredUP, the Roebuck jeans were free from BuyNothing (a $25 value), and the Rothy's are my original pair that I've now been washing and re-wearing for years.

To keep with the big cat theme, I complete the look with some bejeweled panther earrings. These were $6 at Goodwill (compare at $40 new). Jewelry is one of the easiest items to clean and reuse, with either simple rubbing alcohol, or one of the several jewelry cleaners available.

In total, this outfit saved me $102.50 and... meow. I'm totally pleased with the tigers and panthers, even if they weren't tigers and toucans and gold tracksuits.

No comments:

Post a Comment