Sunday, July 31, 2022

Deals on Dresses

Last week, Tats and I got together. Since COVID, our Wednesday art nights have mostly moved virtual, but every couple of months, I get to see my dear friend in person. Things have changed, with businesses still recovering, meaning most cafes are no longer open evening hours. I sincerely hope cafe culture isn't dead... 

But that means, we often swap our in-person gatherings to thrift shopping! The Capitol Hill Goodwill is open until 9pm, and 2 stories tall, it rarely disappoints.

This visit was pretty epic with me finding 2 amazing items and saving $300! The biggest item, you'll have to wait for (I found an amazing NWT gown as the foundation for my Halloween costume), but one of the items I'll share today.

Tats knows I've been on a critter print kick and found the perfect short dress for me. 

Navy with cream large cats, I can dress this up or dress it down. All business with the color scheme, but all party with the critter print.

I love the v-neckline in the back and subtley pleated a-line skirt. Perfectly tailored for a pear shape like me! And this neckline would be great to pair with a backdrop necklace.

Easy breezy for a summer picnic (and I'm appreciating breezy with this heat wave!), but I'll be pairing this with tights and Mary Janes to wear it year round.

The best part? This Australian brand, Sunny Girl, typically goes for about $75 AUD ($52 USD), and I paid just $8 at Goodwill. 

Have you had any great second-hand summer finds?

...

...

...

...

...

...

An outtake. T brought out his inner Zoolander and asked me to "show [him] 'angry'".



No comments:

Post a Comment