Sunday, March 20, 2022

Prom: the Second Time Around

I'm always down for a costume party. If you haven't caught on from my Halloween posts, I'll take any opportunity to dress up for a theme or as a character. So when my friend A texted that her friend was having a 90's Prom themed birthday party, and did I want to be her date, it was an easy yes from me. 

A couple years ago, my friend L had invited me to her daughter's princess-themed birthday party, and I acquired this dress, but didn't end up getting to go to the party. I was thrilled to have another chance to wear it. Somewhere between lilac and dusty rose, this tulle gown is not a color I would typically choose, but it's perfect to be a pretty princess or attend 90's prom.

The dress was new with tags, orignally $45 from Charlotte Russe, but just $15 at Goodwill.

To add to the 90's look, I added frosted lip gloss, fully lined and smudged eyes, and a deep side part with butterfly clips.

Of course, it wasn't the 90's without a choker, and I acquired this beaded choker at House of Vintage (SE Hawthorne, Portland) for $13. 

Not pictured is A's outfit. She went the more goth/grunge 90's route with a black spaghetti strap slip dress (thrifted from House of Vintage) and Doc Martens (borrowed). SE Hawthorne was a great street to make a day of shopping, featuring multiple vintage, thrift, and antique shops, ranging from clothing to furniture to housewares.

Overall, it was super fun to dance the night away, with the nostalgia of classic prom attire and music.

Dress: $15

Necklace: $13

Getting to relive prom: priceless

No comments:

Post a Comment