Monday, January 21, 2019

Neighborhood Spotlight: West Seattle

A couple weeks ago, I headed to West Seattle to visit this one shop I love and never get to enough. I park my car and on my way to the store, I got distracted by *all the reuse stores*! We're talking thrifting, consignment, antiques. The West Seattle Junction (California Ave SW and SW Alaska St) does not disappoint. 


I popped into the Stop 'N Shop, a small shop that benefits the West Seattle Senior Center, and is mostly housewares. I was going to just take a quick look around and get back on my mission when I saw these great Chinese Laundry flats, normally $60 new, for just $8.


With the brown leather and black suede, these are simple flats that go with everything from work to weekend. I wore them to work today with some dark skinny jeans.


In addition to the Stop 'N Shop (4504 California), here are some other reuse stores in the Junction:

Antique Mall of West Seattle (4516 California)
Funky Jane's Consignment Shop (4455 California)
Pegasus Book Exchange (4553 California)
Thunder Road Guitars (4736 California)
Western Jewelry & Coin Exchange (4210 Alaska)

The merchant association also has a great website to check out some of the other shops and restaurants, and directions to get there. Want to try public tranportation that's also scenic? Try the water taxi from downtown Seattle!

Savings: $52

No comments:

Post a Comment