Friday, April 27, 2018

Reduce, Reuse... Repair

One of the easiest ways to reduce waste and save money is to make the most of what you have, making "Repair" one of the important eco "R"s.

My 75lb labrador, Meeko, likes to climb up me to give me hugs, meaning I have a pile of broken necklaces. (And often show up to work looking like I was mauled by a bear. :) ) I'm decently handy with a pair of pliers, but these chains were a little more delicate than I was comfortable with fixing myself.

Fortunately, my friend Abbie (thanks!) had recently inquired on a community page if anyone knew a good jeweler, and I took the recommendations she recieved to an awesome jeweler in Burien.

Thanks to Westside Jewelers for a quick (5 minute) fix to a growing pile of unwearable necklaces!

Before and after broken clasp example 1:


Before and after broken clasp example 2:

 

Now to train Meeko to hug with less claws...


No comments:

Post a Comment