Monday, January 30, 2017

Plastic Shoes... Love It or Leave It?

... Love It!

So after I posted about 3D-knitted shoes made from plastic bottles last week, I bit the bullet, and ordered a pair. I got these guys, because the cute red ones were out of stock in my size:


They are surprisingly comfortable and breathable. You would never know they are plastic from the feel. They feel just like any other woven fabric. With the rubber base and "fabric" upper, these feel like socks with a little extra bounce. No squished toes here!

I'm pretty stoked that they are made from 100% recycled upper and 100% recyclable inner. And, that they're washable with removable insoles - cause let's be honest, flats get stanky.


Finally, I get all my packages delivered to the office. So, as I'm squealing about my new 3D-kntted shoes, my bosses come out to see what 3D knitting is about, and both comment on the look of the shoes too. Two Italian guys call my shoes stylish? I'll take it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment