Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Upcycle and Reuse: Shopping Bag Art

With the holidays full ablaze, the shopping bags are especially festive. I first noticed the awesome design for Nordstrom as giant wood cutouts in their window displays. Obviously, I couldn't con them into giving me a giant deer post-holidays, nor would T be super excited to have a giant deer in our home.

Fortunately, I later saw shoppers with the same design on the shopping bags. Problem solved: I've been needing some sweaters anyway. Let's go shopping!


Now that I've acquired the bag (and technically free!!), it's time to figure out what to do with it. 

On to Lifelong Thrift. I write about Goodwill a lot because I happen to have 3 great locations in my work, home, and play areas, but there are so many other wonderful thrift stores. 

We LOVE Lifelong Thrift because they not only have great selection, but they also support a great cause. The proceeds go to Lifelong AIDS Alliance, who provides services to those with HIV/AIDS. 

I headed to Lifelong Thrift and found two picture frames for just $3 each! Spend a few minutes cutting the graphics out of the shopping bag, put the cutouts into the frames, and voila: some fun seasonal art for your home.





No comments:

Post a Comment