Friday, November 12, 2021

Outfit of the Day: Bring on the Critters!

Probably going back to the first episodes of Portlandia, where they suggested you could just "put a bird on it", I've really enjoyed clothing with animal print. Not like cheetah spots, but "critter print", like birds, giraffes, and more. And thanks to binging back seasons of Great British Bake Off, I've been re-inspired by co-host Noel Fielding's epic style.  Ex: 


Now, the Brits may just have more fun with fashion than us, because it's rare I find critter print when shopping. However, I recently had a great find at Lifelong Thrift on Capitol Hill. (Persistence pays off when thrifting!) 

Lifelong Thrift's mission is: 

We are a nonprofit thrift store in the heart of Seattle's Capitol Hill. With deep Seattle roots, we strive to engage our community and financially support the cause of Lifelong to provide food, housing, and health to individuals with HIV/AIDS and other chronic conditions.​

So for those aiming to support local non-profits vs larger chains like Goodwill, they are a great option. They are also a sizeable store, with clothing upstairs and housewares and more downstairs.

My find was a new-with-tags J. Crew button down with some adorbs little terriers on it!


Are you seeing what I'm seeing? That folks, is a $78 blouse going for just $9 (88% savings). I'm often suprised to find NWT clothes donated, but I suppose there's a number of possible reasons ranging from missing the return window to donated overstock from the original store. At least the item will get some use from a new owner. And as a shopper, I'm always happy to get quality finds at a steep discount!


So now, I'm loving my doggo-print blouse, and finally added to my collection of critters in my wardrobe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment