Saturday, April 13, 2019

Don't Cry Over Spilled Eyeshadow

Have you ever dropped an eyeshadow, and picked it up, just to see it shattered and crumbly inside the lid? Or get almost down to the bottom of one and want to get the most of it?

It's easy to re-form powdery makeup! This will work for powder, blush, bronzer, etc. There are numerous tutorials online, ex:
If It Works for Lauren Conrad... 
Or If You Prefer A Video

and I decided to test it out for myself:

Here I have two eyeshadow palettes, where I'm down to the bottom on the lightest shade of each. It's definitely gonna be hard to get into the edges with those little applicators. The colors are both in the same family, so I think it might work to just mix them together.


If the whole pan isn't already crumbled, break up any solid pieces. Here I'm using a clean butter knife; toothpicks will also do a good job.


Next, I poured the makeup from both palettes into a small bowl for mixing. I added this step because I'm wanted to thoroughly mix the two colors, but if you're just repairing a single color, you can do it right in the pan. All you need to do here is add a few drops of rubbing alcohol. Use a small spray bottle or eyedropper to avoid pouring too much in.


Mix until smooth. It should be thick, at least toothpaste consistency. Then spread back into the pan.

Press down on the surface of makeup with a firm object for a couple seconds. For round containers, some tutorials recommend a coin; for this small square pan, I just wrapped my finger in a tissue. This will compress the powder back into a solid cake.

Allow to dry. Most tutorials are saying wait 24 hours. Mine dried within about 3 hours. What you're looking for is a nice powder finish like when the eyeshadow was new. Voila! Full pan of light shadow!


No more needing to throw away half your eyeshadow!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment