Monday, April 24, 2017

Zero-Waste on Etsy: Part I

I've been joining a lot of Zero Waste and Buy Nothing groups online to get more ideas on how I can save money and reduce my footprint. One of the biggest areas that I feel I can cut back is on single-use plastics.

Working in a city, downtown, it's too easy to get take-out for lunch, or even if I bring my lunch, silverware from the office kitchen. Having identified an area for improvement, I just need a non-disposable replacement.

I've also been lucky enough to get some Etsy gift cards recently! Thanks, Mom, Dad, and Aunt T. :)

Shopping on Etsy, there are quite a few artisans making bamboo cutlery sets. They vary in design and pieces included. I enjoyed this pear-print set from Bagitconscious for $17. Shop owner Lizzie also makes reusable sandwich bags and more. This set included the cute printed carrying case and bamboo fork, spoon, and knife. I added the reusable straw and straw cleaner brush.


The case rolls up and is closed with a contrast tie.


I enjoy that the bamboo cutlery is super lightweight, so it won't add to my already hefty purse, and I don't need to be weighed down by or worry about losing my "real" silverware from home.

I can also feel good shopping on Etsy, knowing that I'm supporting a small business. More to come in the next several days - I already have two more purchases on their way!


No comments:

Post a Comment