Saturday, April 22, 2017

Visiting Costa Rica

Hi friends! I've been busy the last couple weeks preparing for and then visiting Costa Rica for a work trip. While I was down there, I noted a couple things.

Downtown San Jose has a fair amount of trash accumulation, like any city, but there are signs (sometimes literally!) that there are people trying to make a difference.

This stamp reads "A beach without victims begins with a city without trash."


Sadly/ironically, the storm drain right next to the stamp is filled with trash. Baby steps, I guess, just getting the message out there?


The other experience I had was in the break rooms at the office. I'm not sure if this was due to environmental awareness so much as frugality, but they don't even have paper coffee cups in the break area. Each employee has their reusable mug to refill. Not having the option to use a disposable cup is definitely a way to get you in the right habits!

I'm happy to be back home, and will get back into regular posts. :)

Happy Earth Day, everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment