Sunday, May 31, 2020

Reusing Ruffles

My quarantine secondhand shopping continues, courtesy of a nice birthday gift card to ThredUp from my aunt and uncle - thanks, Aunt T and Uncle B!

(Pro tip: Don't forget to tell your family and friends about your eco-shopping goals, and you may get a pleasant shift in gifts!)

For some reason, I was feeling super feminine, likely in reaction to all the sweats and tees I've been wearing while working from home. I'm eager for the days when I can dress up at the office or for a night out again.

Not quite ruffles, but I loved the ruched neckline and bold floral pattern on this Calvin Klein blouse. I can see pairing this with a blazer for client meetings. It was listed at gently used condition for $15.98 (73% off of $60 retail).

Next up, this new with tags Ann Taylor Loft blouse. I love the delicate ruffles, and plan on wearing this as a great day-to-night option. A steal for $21.99 (65% off $55 retail). 


Cute but casual, this mustard sweater from J. Crew is lightweight and good for spring or fall. Plain enough color to go with many things, but I like that the ruffles add a little feminine touch, so it's not your everyday cardigan. Like new condition, this was $31.99 (74% off of $110 retail).


Finally, I keep adding to my collection of "day to night embellished black flats". I love that the ruffle on these Francesca's flat is functional, securing the shoe to my foot. These were like new condition for $27.99 (48% off of $48 retail).


I'm all set now for when things start to reopen... or if I decide to up my game for my office video calls. :) 

If you've been laid off during this pandemic, don't forget online consignment as a way to make some income, as well as stock up on interview duds as you reenter the workforce. All of the above came to just under $100 in like new condition, or 64% off of the $273 retail value.




No comments:

Post a Comment