Sunday, April 12, 2020

Thrifting, Quarantine-style, Part Deux

Last week, I shared with you the online thrifting I've been doing to keep some sort of normalcy while the world is anything but normal these days. Well, the remaining items of my shopping spree arrived this week, and I couldn't be happier.

First, I got this sheer, gauzy, ballet-inspired skirt from Lularoe. Seafoam with metallic gold accents, I'm sure I could wear this to either a night at the theatre or a mermaid ball.


And last, these black slacks from Talbots. These were a pleasant surprise. From the pictures on the site, I couldn't tell that they had the khaki tuxedo stripes. Fortunately for me, I've been seeking tuxedo slacks for a while. Not into surprises? No worries, thredUP has a return policy (usually site credit).


For both of these, I paid $42.98. Compare at $147 new, and I saved $104.02 (71%). 


I can't believe these like-new quality clothes were given up. Others' loss is my gain, and I can't wait to show off my new spring wardrobe on my video calls, or when we eventually return to being out in public.

No comments:

Post a Comment