Thursday, August 8, 2019

DIY Gift Planters

Today I'm crafting out of my recycling. I'm propagating succulents *crosses my fingers*, and I want to put them in some cute little planters. All we need:
  • Jars: I'm using Tostitos salsa and cheese dip jars. You can't keep me away from my cheese dip!)
  • Cute paper: check out Seattle Recreative for leftover scrapbook or wrapping paper, use a cute shopping bag, or magazine cutouts. I'm using the wrapping from "Who Gives a Crap" TP, which has infamously cute seasonal wrapping. 
  • Mod Podge or other craft glue
Dear friends, I only write about products or tips that I've tried and loved. Therefore, I will not tell you about "Who Gives A Crap" toilet paper. It is my punishment for ordering a case of 48 rolls that I'm making myself finish it myself (T and guests refuse to use it). However, a side result is that each roll is wrapped in really cute paper, so yay, free crafting material. ;)

1) Gather your supplies. You'll need scissors and a brush or sponge applicator in addition to the supplies above.

2) Measure and trim your paper to a size that will cover your jar. Mine needed about 1/3 sheet per jar.


3) Apply an even layer of adhesive to the back of your paper.


4) Wrap around your jar so the ends neatly overlap, and apply a coat of adhesive to the outside of the paper too. This will give a nice seal, so it won't get ruined when you water your plant.


5) Don't worry if it's a little wrinkly. As you can see, the drier jar on the left looks smoother than the wetter one on the right. Any remaining "flaws" are just evidence that it's DIY.


6) Plant your succulent and enjoy!










No comments:

Post a Comment